In the first instance, all requests for GP appointments, both routine and urgent, will be dealt with by an initial telephone consultation with the doctor. This process will be the same for patients who present in the surgery. On many occasions, the doctor will be able to deal with issues over the telephone which will save the patient having to come down to the surgery; we have found that many patients prefer this and find they are able to have their query answered quicker than waiting two weeks for an appointment. If the GP feels you should be seen sooner, they will also arrange this.
As part of the Improved Access Scheme the practice has appointments available every Saturday from 09:00-12:00 & Monday Evening from 18:30-20:00 for pre-bookable appointments.
The practice also offers appointments via the extended hours scheme on Monday evenings, 18:30-20:00 and Wednesday & Thursday mornings from 07:00-08:00.
We are working in collaboration with other Ashford practices to be open on Bank holidays including, Christmas Day, Boxing Day & New Years eve. New Hayesbank will advertise any public holidays we are open on this website.
These can be booked via reception or by calling on 01233 624642
Appointment Booking Via Online Services
The following Practice Nurse and Health Care Assistant appointments are now bookable online:-
It is important that prior to booking an appointment you ensure you meet the criteria shown against each appointment type. Unfortunately the nurse or HCA will not be able to carry out the appointment if this is not the case.
- HCA Routine Appointment - Please only book if a clinician has requested you have your Blood Pressure checked.
- HCA Blood Tests (over 10’s only) – Please only book if a clinician has requested this test.
- HCA Diabetic – Please only book an appointment if you have received a letter from the practice asking you to book an appointment. If you feel your Diabetic annual review is overdue and you have not heard from us please contact the practice on 01233 624642
- Practice Nurse Smears – Please only book if you have received a letter informing you that your smear is due. Please be aware that smears cannot be carried out when you are menstruating.
- New Patient Check – If you have registered with the practice within the last month and have not already had a new patient check. If you are not on any current medication you can book your appointment with any member of staff. If you are currently on medication please book with one of our registered nurses, Lynn, Victoria, or Caroline
- Asthma Review - Diagnosed Asthmatics Only
If you would like an online account please download the NHS app. Further information can be found by following this link https://www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/nhs-services/the-nhs-app/
Alternatively come into the practice with photo ID and our receptionists will help you set up an account.
If you require an appointment with a GP please call the practice on 01233 624642